Att. Marsh Monster

Thanks for the advice. Followed your instructions and just had the truck out for test drive with no vibrations up to 120 kph. Driveline shop had replacement u-joints in stock. Apparently Rockford Drives is the only company which makes replacement u-joints for " staked in " units. Shop wanted $ 35.00 cdn for installation ( u-joint was $ 40.00 ) but would not guarantee the balance of the shaft, so I did it. Thanks once again?

Reply to
Cosmopolite

. . . Group: alt.trucks.ford Date: Tue, Feb 17, 2004, 12:03am (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@anywhen.net (Cosmopolite)

Thanks for the advice. Followed your instructions and just had the truck out for test drive with no vibrations up to 120 kph.

Driveline shop had replacement u-joints in stock.

Apparently Rockford Drives is the only company which makes replacement u-joints for " staked in " units. Shop wanted $ 35.00 cdn for installation ( u-joint was $ 40.00 ) but would not guarantee the balance of the shaft, so I did it.

Thanks once again=88 =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D yer welcome

marsh ~anudder sattyfied cussingmer~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

I've got a question for you about web-tv.

Is there a setup/configuration/default setting choice where you could set your equipment to add the stupid little ">" things automatically in front of the post you're following-up-to?

I know they look stupid, but they sure enough help speed up reading a post that's a follow up to another post, or when a bunch, it can get confusing as hell without the stupid looking little things. ;)

Anyone know?

I've seen guys post with web-tv where those things were added... Were they adding them by hand? :( Or is there a software switch?

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

. . . Re: Att. Marsh Monster Group: alt.trucks.ford Date: Tue, Feb 17, 2004, 4:57am (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@XX.com

I've got a question for you about web-tv. Is there a setup/configuration/default setting choice where you could set your equipment to add the stupid little ">" things automatically in front of the post you're following-up-to? I know they look stupid, but they sure enough help speed up reading a post that's a follow up to another post, or when a bunch, it can get confusing as hell without the stupid looking little things. ;)

Anyone know?

I've seen guys post with web-tv where those things were added... Were they adding them by hand? :( Or is there a software switch?

Alvin in AZ ========= ========= how's it hang'n Alvin?

NO......there's no preset for adding them.

and.....there's no such thing as a software switch fer WebTV.

Those little " > " signs are used for quoting the original post......they're used to minimize the words (shrink). When you're reading a reply from a Webby.....and the original post is quoted from a thread......if the words you're seeing have been compressed (shrunken)... then some webtv fool has just spent a heck of a lot of time shrinking it down for your convenience. Those little "

to be put in the front of ...and at the end of every line of text, and you have to hold some buttons down while "walking" along the each line of text to place those little suckers.

Me........I'm a bit lazy........so instead of spending all that time , i jest seperate the original post with..... ======== ======== ain't that easy???

These little WebTV's are great for chatting and discussion groups, because they're so quick and easy at jumping around to the different sites on the net. Kinda like the speed of light you know. And......if you get booted out of a chat room :) .......you jest go change yer name and yer back in there telling it like it is, all within a matter of seconds.

AND THEY'RE VIRUS FREE.........

But.....if you're looking for optimum internet availability, you need to move over one chair and turn on the ole puter...... talk to family, friends, trusted alliances....... and use the WebTV for the hate mail, spam, and other inconsequential email crap yer gonna create when you go out in public in the NG's and chat rooms.

hopefully informative..... marshmonster ~send ME a virus.....i dare yuh...hehehehe~ ~:~ ========== ==========

Reply to
Marsh Monster

There are no choices (software swithes) for a customized setup or configuration? "Default" all the way? :/

I set the program i use (Tin) for 68 character line space but left the default ">" but could type just about anything in the configuration file like : or $ or % or my name.

There are several pages of options 90+% of which I left on default.

No shrunken word business on this end, they are all the same size no matter what you do or see on that end.

The line is moved over a couple spaces is all, with that > thingy in front of it.

Yeah i suppose it's easier for you. :/

So is my setup! I'm text only including my email.

Everything i veiw is on the ISP's machines... i just see it and can re-arrange which directories the files are in and make and delete directories. Unix shell account. Kinda like "internet-Dos". ;)

My old ISP cut off all the shell accounts finally after treatening to do that for 10 years. ;) With my new outfit, I made a point of hiding my email address. Anybody can have it if they ask for it no sweat there... but I've had -zero- email spam for almost two years since i did that. :)

Yep. But not what I wanted to hear tho. ;)

Sorting throught a webtv post is a pain in the ass. :/

What about snipping out everything from the original except the bare minumum? Is that hard to do? At least that'd be something. The reason I'm picking on you so much is there are other webtv-ers and I want to understand it so we can work something out.

Not because I'm lazy, if I were lazy I'd just not read their stuff. Which i believe happens to most of their stuff anyway, others skip over it as too much trouble to sort that mess out and figure out what you added to the conversation. See? It's for both of us. :)

Alvin in AZ ps- went through and added a > in front your part so my part is after the single > ...and your part is after the double >>

...and my -new- bullshit is easy to see with nothing in front of it :)

Reply to
alvinj

. . (concerning webtv) Alvin wrote in.....

Not because I'm lazy, if I were lazy I'd just not read their stuff, others skip over it as too much trouble to sort that mess out and figure out what you added to the conversation. Which i believe happens to most of their stuff anyway.

What about snipping out everything from the original except the bare minumum? At least that'd be something.

Is that hard to do?

The reason I'm picking on webtv-ers so much is there are others and I want to understand it we can work something out.

See? It's for both of us. :) Alvin in AZ ============= ============= No.....it's not hard to cut and snip. Not hard to move the sentences around either.

It's kinda like a snappy eraser.....with a oops button.

As far as customizing......there are a few tricks. You can change font size, background color, add music, pictures, sound, and a few other little nuances.

marsh ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster