Bad Ford???

I guess maybe I am overly critical of my 2001 F250 super? duty 4X4 with Meyer's snow plow. I purchased it new in July 2001, so it is approx. 41 months old. During that time I have had nothing but trouble with the automatic hubs, repaired at least 3 times, rebuilt one time and replaced one time!! The oil cooler broke, the lights went out, the passenger mirror broke then later, fell off, radiator hose clamps have broken 3 times. The brakes needed replaced all around ($650.00), and the transmission cooler lines had to be replaced ($350.00). Also, there are rust bubbles coming through the paint in various places. I was told this was brake dust on the paint!! Please understand, this truck has 24K miles, and is used to plow my drive and a few of my friends, not used commercially. When I questioned the service dept. folks, I was told because it has a plow attached, it will rust more!! I really don't see the connection as my 1997 F150 was driven 50 miles+ per day in all weather and conditions and never rusted out. When I turned it in, it had 67K on it in less that 3 yrs. I do live outside of Cleveland Ohio, so I am in the "rust belt" but never have had as much trouble with anything as I have with this. Although all the repairs but the brakes and the transmission lines were under warranty, now that the truck is over the 36 months, I am thinking of replacing it due to the repair costs I see coming down the road. Am I just being paranoid???

Fred

Reply to
fredbarga246