Belt Tensioner

The wheel on the belt tensioner makes a lot of squealing noise. Can it be taken apart and fixed or do I need to replace the whole thing?

Reply to
<Newsmanager

The bearing comes with the pulley. You don't however have to replace the entire tensioner, but it's a good idea. They have a tendency to fall apart.

Reply to
Steve Barker

You'll find that about the only way you can get the tensioner pulley is to replace the entire assembly. Doesn't cost that much and usually has approx 60k life expectency..

Reply to
Lefty

and MOST tensioner assemblies us a # 6203 bearing..........the same as the 'drive-end' bearing in a GM CS-130 alternator

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Is that a GM part number?

And thanks for your response

Reply to
<Newsmanager

I replaced the tensioner pulley wheel only, it is identical to the PTO pulley wheel on my 83 John Deere.

The noise went away, and rotated the old one to the JD, rotated the JD one to the garbage.

Cant remember how much it cost.

Reply to
Justbrilliant

#6203 is a bearing part number, just a standard bearing, very common. Most bearing companies have this one in stock.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom