Body Liftkit

Nope. I've installed three over the years. 80 2wd Toyota, 86 Ford Ranger Super Cab 4x4 and 88 Suzuki Samurai. All of them went in pretty simply and never gave me any trouble the whole time I used them.

Be careful when you install one though. Follow the instructions closely and ensure anything that is connected to both the body and frame either has enough slack/adjustment or you have a bracket to cure the problem.

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead

Has anyone here had a negative experience installing/utilizing a 3 inch body liftkit?

Reply to
mjjohn

Not me first hand, just can repeat to you what an automotive welder told me. Weld in fish plates on the frame next to the sterring gear and shock supports before you lift it and then you won't have to do it later. Later may be a real mess and extra expensive so do it ahead of time while "everything is still lined up nice" or in other words "still in one piece". ;)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj