Brake warning indicator HELP please

My 93 Bronco just rolled 120,000 miles and the dash light for the Brake came on. If I apply the brakes hard the light goes out for a minute but then returns on again. The brakes seem to work OK. The Bronco does have anti-lock brakes. Any help on resetting the thing? I did try disconnecting the battery and hooked it back up but still the warning light stays on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
samstone

adjusted the rear brakes lately ?

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Check the brake fluid level?

Reply to
JimV

What turns on the light? Maybe you should find out what needs attention on your ride.

Reply to
carl mciver

Find out why the light is coming on before you kill yourself as a result of brake failure....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I don't know about the 93, but my 2000 had an ABS light that turned out to be the rear sensor. I know it takes a special code reader for brake problems, but you might find a shop that will read it for you. Those sensors have very fine wire, and sometimes, like a light bulb, it goes out.

Get a manual and it should tell you what might be causing the light. You can narrow it down from there.

Clark

Reply to
Clark

My brothers brake light went on when the back brakes were low. he left the E brake on for a short trip and like 3 days later the light came on and he needed new pads.

Reply to
xmirage2kx

Thanks for your time and input.

Reply to
samstone

Thank you for your reply.

Reply to
samstone

Thank you , I'll be checking things now with the input from you good people.

Reply to
samstone

\On 20 Aug 2005 03:38:00 -0400, xmirage2kx wrote: Thank you , all inputs will help make this failure easier to fix.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

samstone

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 07:06:00 GMT, "Clark" snipped-for-privacy@whoknows.com wrote: Thank you for your reply , I 've been on vacation and have not addressed the problem yet , and now with all the your thoughts I'll have a better chance of making this a quick repair.

Reply to
samstone