F150 front dic brakes

May be some one can help me with this. I got a 04 4x4 F150 with 36k miles Had front brake dust on the rims from day one.One year latter still the same (dealership says it natural)Then comes the brake squeal, intermitnent at times. now almost 2 years latter still the same brake dust, yes you can put you signature on the rims with your fingers two days latter.A couple weeks ago decided to put some anti squell on the back of the pads and while doing so I got to see the roters for the first time.They were Bad> both sides< dont think they pass insp. next mo.The pads werent that bad, thats what baffales me.Put every thing back and it fixed the brake squell but am still getting the dust.again .The brakes work fine for now ,no pulling or any thing like that.at 36 k this is not norm (or is it?)they are all org. fact parts.what i would like to know is what could be causing this?(the back brakes(drum)not putting enough load for the front? or should i just replace the dics in the front to see what happens next and try to get another 36 k or one year warrenty from auto zone. buy the way I baby this truck no 4 wheeling unless it snows.tanks for any thoughts

Reply to
Jens

The only way you won't see dust is if you have ceramic pads and even then you will still see some just not as bad.

Dust is common and it is good to see that means the pads are doing there job.

Jerry P

Reply to
Jerry P

A little brake dust on the front wheels is normal, but heavy brake dust is a symptom of the front working too hard to stop you.

If the rear brakes are out of adjustment, they don't "help enough" with the braking duties, causing the front to shear off more than normal amounts of friction material. If you have poor driving habits, i.e. stopping at the last minute, lots of stop and start driving, or do the majority of your driving in the city, you will have the same or similar results.

You may be able to reduce or correct the problem by adjusting or having the rear brakes adjusted by a qualified brake mechanic, and allowing yourself more room to stop, if that is the case.

Good luck,

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader