bronco 4 x 4 question

My 91 full size bronco acts funny sometimes in 4 wheel drive. If I have it on in snow or dirt, it works great. If I go onto a road that had very little snow, its like it pops into neutral, no gear will work, unless I go to a full stop then hit the

4 wheel drive button. It sometimes makes a tiny grinding noise too, when I go back into 2 wheel. This is at a complete stop. It never did this till last winter when my 4 wheel drive shift motor on the transfer case crapped out. My 4 wheel drive wouldnt engage, once the mototr was changed worked well again, started slipping into that neutral right after? Any help would be great.
Reply to
Pfunk20000

I've had that happen before even with a manually shifted xfer case... but don't know the cause. Check the Bronco forum on fordtrucks.com.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Penick