4x4 question

I have a 1991 Bronco, 5.8, E4OD. I had a 4 wheel drive motor changed out on this truck about 2 years ago now. I had it changed because, when I would hit the 4x4 button, I wouldn't get anything. They said the motor was shot. They swapped the motor with a new one. 4 wheel drive worked as advertised. Except after a few weeks, driving in the snow, unless it was really deep, the tranny would kick into neutral. I mean not the actual shift lever on the column, but just the tranny. So I would have to manually shift into neutral, hit the button again to put it back to 2 wheel then I could move back to regular drive. Before I had the electronic motor changed, it never kicked into neutral ever. But I had to change the motor because it wouldn't engage into 4 wheel at all. Now in the dirt and mud, it stays in 4 wheel as usual. Could I have gotten a defective electric motor? I can't exchange it back, cause its been over 2 yrs now. I was in the military, I didn't have time or was even in the country to do anything about it anyways.

Reply to
Pfunk20000