cab floor leak?

My 98 Ranger Club Cab 2x2, 5speed 3.0 ltr. ends up with a soaking wet rug on the passenger side after driving in rain. The club cab windows don't leak and I've removed the passenger seat and run the truck thru a car wash while holding up the rug to see under it and also sprayed all over and under the vehicle with a hose at full force all to no avail. Anyone out there had this problem and figured it out???? KJ

Reply to
KJ

I had a problem with a Chevy once that sounds like this problem. In the winter the puddle would freeze so I took a nail and hammer and put a hole in the passenger side floorboard to let the water out -- after it melted. (I was a poor college student.) When I finally did find the problem, it surprised me. The bottom far corner of the windshield was leaking but it was not obvious. Because of surface tension, the water would snake itself along behind the dash board and down the side of the vehicle to fine the puddle. Stuff some klenex against the bottom of the windshield and leave them there overnight while there's a good rain. If they're wet, you'll have your answer. Good Luck Mike

Reply to
Mike

Here is my guess:

...at the base of the windshield is an intake vent where fresh air comes into the HVAC controls. It's the grill where the hood meets the lower edge of the windshield. Rain and water will come in too, but is supposed to go back out the vented hose at the base of the air box. When and if this hose gets clogged up, water will divert and run into the cab floor of the truck, usually on the passenger side. The vent is located low on the firewall, in the engine bay, passenger side of the vehicle. Clean it out with compressed air, coathanger, or whatever you can get up in there.

...bet that's as good a guess as any.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader