"Check Engine" on 99 Ranger

A few weeks ago, I asked about a "Check Engine" light on my Ranger. I was advised to check it out as it was probably trying to tell ms something important.

I got it looked into yesterday, and I'm told it was to do with some charcoal check valve associated with keeping vacuum on the fuel system.

I paid to have the valve replaced, and it looks like this has made a significant difference to my mileage - the mileage increased noticeably. (r it appears to have done so...)

Any idea of what his might have been all about? If it increased the mileage, I'm going to be happy I fixed it.

H.

Reply to
Rowbotth

I'm not sure, but my 97 has the check light on. A buddy of mine with the computer checked it but no codes came back.

Reply to
Chris

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:18:14 +0000, Rowbotth rearranged some electrons to form:

What were the codes that the computer set?

Reply to
David M