Compatible engines for 87 Bronco II

Situation: 1987 Bronco II with 2.9 ltr V-6, FI. Motor leaks oil, want to fix or replace. Need to know what V-6 Ford engines from Ranger/Bronco II/Aerostar/Explorer family are compatible, either the 3.0 ltr or the 4.0 ltr, or both....

TIA, Tony

Reply to
Tony Pack

The 2.9 and 4.0 are identical on the outside. Your EEC may need to be changed also.

Reply to
Steve Barker

If you need to have the engine resealed, that will run you around $1500. I know, because I had it done on my 1990 BII. (AFAIK only the

2.9 V6 was offered in the BII) If your oil pan is rusted through like mine was, then good luck finding a replacement. The factory doesn't make them any more, and most junkyards don't have one.

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson