Cooling System

Hi all have a question would like some insight on i have a 98 explorer 4wd with 6 cylinder. I am planning a trip to florida and would like to take care of some things before leaving it seems coolant seems to be replace was wondering the best procedure on that. I was all talking to someone in regards to thermostat they say on that model that there is a 2 stage thermostat and it costs more is that true and should it be replaced i have

53000 miles. If so is it a big job to replace that the one guy said to remove throttle body and other parts as well. I also see serpentime belt looks bad what type job is that to do. I am mechanically inclined i rebuilt a motor in a mitsu eclipse and pulled mototr out and reinstalled.

Thank you

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net

Reply to
Stu W

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 11:03:28 +0000, Stu W rearranged some electrons to form:

First, you might want to work on your writing skills. Second, you may want to read your owner's manual, it will tell you what needs to be replaced and when.

The belt should be an easy R&R, for someone that can rebuild a motor before pulling it out of the vehicle.

Reply to
David M