couriosity-60's to 70's fenders

couriosity has got me to wondering if I could "play" around with the ideal of tryign to use front fenders off a 60's model ranger onto a 73-79 F-100, Anyone know if they match, or how far off they are? if its possible to do a easy cut and fit job? or would it be more like brain surgery?

BTW, I've got a late 60's Ranger pickup, If anyone needs some thing from it =]

Reply to
gsams

Chances are the front clip from the newr truck will fit your older model. If you have a doner truck to compare body style lines, this would give you better information inquiring from a NG. No pun intended this is a very informative NG, not into customizing though.

Right now I myself am working on an 83 ford 350 and have put a box from a 91 onto the frame. A direct bolt on , no brain surgery required.

Good luck with your project.

Reply to
Gill Elmgren

running 360 with automatic tranny, long bed, I'm assuming late 60's, I ended up getting screwed in a trade for it, After trading a car for it, I was told the guy had the title in the mail, 4 months later he quits answering his calls and I don't got a title. I let the truck sit since I got it, I don't like fixing up anything that's not legally mine. I started fooling with it to see if it would run, had no battery, and the solenoid was hanging off the fender well and I had no key. got it running in about 20 minutes, sounds good no knocks/misses. I was actually wanting to sell just parts, but if the right offer was given it would gladly leave my hands as it is. anyhow, looking for a year on the truck I look on the door panel to find a vin and guess what. its got a 80's vin number on it, I guess the guy had never had the title, or atleast not the right one. lesson lent. The trucks in great shape IMOP. of course its not mint condition, but its in good enough shape for me to fix up, even the tailgate is good on it, and you know how fords are with their tailgates. I'm real close to Louisville, KY. Let me know if your interested in parts or the whole thing. Oh, its a long bed ranger(or atleast that's what all the chrome trim says) and yes, ALL the trim is on it, even the huge piece of trim across the tailgate that's about 10 inches wide that says ford. I assume its have no ideal what kind of breaks, I just know they work =]

"JR" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@spamlessaol.com...

Reply to
gsams