Cylinder sequence ,,,hurry

I know the firing order, and I know the rotor is traveling counter clockwise. But what is the orientation of the numerical order of the cylinders when viewing from the front of the vehicle. I have searched and found nothing on the web that tells me this I don't give me that "it's in the Chilton" shit, I am not spending money to find something that should be in the owners manual, BUT IS NOT. From some training I had way back I know that GM and Ford use a different cylinder numbering orders. And yes, I did note the position of the wires when I removed them. But they HAD to have been not right because comparing it the firing order backwards or forwards makes no sense. Would like to get this heap back together. `91 F150 302 with EEC if that makes any difference. Thanks aallllllllllllllll

Reply to
Jesse A. Harrington

You are correct. Ford numbers 1234 on one side and 5678 on the other. See if the numbers make sense that way.

Reply to
Joe

I got it, took a bit of hunting but found some diagrams on the web, was not easy and did not come quickly. But is all together and running, 2 wires were originally crossed, but the plugs were so bad , and the exhaust really rumbles, I could not here misfire. The timing was out 8 or 10 degrees also. Was sipping a few while I was working so will not drive it til' tomorrow, but I am sure it will do much better.

Reply to
Jesse A. Harrington

be careful of crossfire with # 7 and 8. last 2 on drivers side. original wiring probably had them crossed in loom near # 7 drop down, this is the way its supposed to be.

Reply to
dmac