CD Player Problem

I've googled for this problem but haven't found much; any info is appreciated:

Is there a known issue with the single play CD players installed in the

99-00 F250 and -350. The one I have is the AM/FM Cassette/CD player combo. Problem is that most of the time the CD Player will not accept a CD; when it's inserted, the unit starts a rapid clicking sound, like it's not engaging the CD, then kicks it back out. If you leave it there, the unit will pull the CD back in, start clicking again, and again kick it out. Occasionally, it will take the CD and play it. Once it's in, the sound is great - however, on a long CD it will skip and jump when it gets to track 18 or 19. Hit the advance button to 1 and it starts just fine.

Any ideas, fixes, or suggestions would be welcome.

Tks.

JH

Reply to
J Harris

The single CD player on my '95 F250 went on the blink after about 5 years. It had trouble ejecting CDs and would sit there clicking like you describe.

I replaced it with a JVC MP3 player which so far has worked well.

Reply to
Hank Barta

I'm probably going to have to do that; I just hate to give up the cassette combo - not that I use it much, but it's handy. Thanks for the info.

Reply to
J Harris

You know, most radio and TV shops can fix car stereos. I've had the unit in my Bronco repaired before, but I haven't had trouble yet with the one in my '99 SuperDuty.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader