Door Ajar 2002 Ford Explorer

I bought a 2002 Ford Explorer in June of this year (2005). When I first got it every once in a while the door ajar would come I would
get out and open and close every door and everything would go back to normal. So then on November 11, 2005, the door ajar light came on and has not gone off since. So this causes my interior light to stay on for a few minutes when I start driving. So I called my buddy who is an assembly line worker for Ford and told him of my problem and he suggested that I just disconnect and re-connect the positive wire on the battery so I did that and it solved the problem for about an hour. Then the problem got worse. Now the door ajar light is still as is the interior but now the lock button does not work on the driver’s side door neither does the buttom that adjusts the side view mirrors, the car does not lock when i put it into gear and start to drive and and when i turn off the viechle the radio automatically turns off instead when I open the door like it is supposed to. I know some of these problems are not major I just want to know what is wrong with my truck, any help would be appreciated.
βœ–
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 07:36:52 +0000, tolcou15 rearranged some electrons to form:

It sounds like the wiring harness on the driver's door may have a problem.
--
David M (dmacchiarolo)
http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
David M wrote:

I had that problem with my 1998 Ranger. Solved the problem by spraying some WD-40 in the door latch.
--
Albert Sims
West Monroe,Louisiana

Works quite well for the dome light staying on; but, I don't think it will fix the OP's outside mirror problem or automatic locking. You might find that there is a connector, male and female sockets, at the door hinge (ther is on my 1993 Probe). They are probably covered by a rubber boot. I had to pull back the rubber boot and unplug the connectors, clean them up and plug back in to fix my door lock, window and mirror problems.
Worth a look anyway.
--
I. Care
βœ–
kf1 at mts.net
Add pictures here
βœ–

Educated people who know when it is appropriate to use 'their' instead of 'there'.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Now that was FAH.
Spdloader