Dumb Dana 60 Questions

I'm doing the rear brakes on my 1970 F250 4 x 4 Dump. One side was heavily contaminated with oil. I am replacing the oil seal on the hub. Is there an inner seal between each axle and the differential? I am getting some oil dripping out of the axle housings after removing the axles. TIA, Mike

Reply to
ATP

. What Jor said....ditto.

marshmonster ~:~ //////////////////////

8:39pm (CST-1) From: snipped-for-privacy@jor.com (jor)

Nope, no inner seal. You'll get a little 90 weight out of the axle housing but not too much as long as your truck is on the level. Kinda makes you wish that thing was a 1/2 ton doesn't it? :-)

I'm doing the rear brakes on my 1970 F250 4 x 4 Dump. One side was heavily contaminated with oil. I am replacing the oil seal on the hub. Is there an inner seal between each axle and the differential? I am getting some oil dripping out of the axle housings after removing the axles.

TIA Mike

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Thanks, the job wasn't that bad, worst part is trying to find parts for this truck! I am restoring the parking brake function and running into a brick wall when it comes to cables and links. Looks like I have to do some modification and fabrication.

Reply to
ATP