Dumb Question?

My son has a 1994 Ranger and his check engine light comes on once in awhile. Is there a connection for a coder reader? I have a 96 vehicle (a different brand of truck, I won't mention here... lol) I use the reader on, and know very little about his truck. Thanks for any help David

Reply to
DMSO

Dave,

Yes there is a connection that you are supposed to ground to get the codes (flashes the check engine light). Its's an OBD I truck, and your 96 is an OBD II truck, that is why your scan tool wont hook up to it. Get a good manual for the truck as it will list all codes, and show you where the connection is, and give you the proper procedure for doing it.

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech

Reply to