EGR test?

Is there a way to test the EGR valve? I have removed and cleaned it. It didn't look too bad. However, I still have a "ping" while driving.

Gary

Reply to
GARY

That depends. On my '93 300 I can connect a hand vacuum pump in place of the solenoid. By pumping the pump to create vacuum I can manually open the valve while the engine is running. By doing so, the engine should begin to stall because I am mixing exhaust with the fuel and that doesn't burn as well. Additionally, I can connect the pump to the solenoid, then rev up the engine and see from the gauge on the pump that the soleniod is creating vacuum. This can't be done with my dad's '94 Astro because it has an electronic EGR instead of a vacuum controlled valve.

HTH,

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

My 94 EGR has both vacuum and electronics. The wires are attached to a sensor (I think).

Gary

Reply to
GARY