Explorer Glass Strut Hinge

Hello,

Would anyone know where I can find a new or replacement hinge for my glass struts? The hinge is for the rear glass window. I contacted Ford and they claim the only part they see is a nut, not a hinge. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Reply to
Viper

If it's a standard strut it probably uses a ball stud not a hinge which is a universal part and you ought to be able to pick one up either online or in person from someone who sells parts for camper shells etc. If it is *not* standard you may be looking at a trip to a junkyard.

good luck

nate

Reply to
N8N

I'm confused.

The hinge connects the window to the tail gate.

The strut is attached to a ball that is connected to the glass with a bolt (screw) that passes through the glass. The ball on the other end is bolted to the tailgate. These are parts that should be available from a major parts house, such as Pep Boys or whichever the big-box parts house is in your area.

You can get new struts at Pep Boys too.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland