expy front driver side noise

I have a 99 expy xlt and since last night it's making a noise like if my brake pads are worn out on the front driver's side. This metal on metal rubbing noise happens sometimes only when I'm braking and sometimes all the time, but I can always feel it when I'm braking thru the pedal. I took it to the dealer but would like some ideas of what (and how much) it could be.

thanks

Reply to
J&J

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:08:12 +0000, J&J rearranged some electrons to form:

Uh, worn out brake pads perhaps?

Reply to
David M

When mine started making noise, the caliper was cocked, and had wore out one end of the pad, and ended up with a cracked rotor.

You did not say how many miles you had on yours, mine had just 36,000 miles so I was surprised by the early failure.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom