F150 2004 5.4 vs. 2003 5.4

2004: 300 HP @ 5000 RPM 365 ft. lbs. @ 3750 RPM

2003

260 HP @ 4500 RPM 350 ft. lbs. @ 2500 RPM

Reminds me of two different years of 5.0 liter V8's (I owned) in which the older lower horsepower version pulled better because it's peak torque was at a similar reduction in RPM. Outside of Ford's tow ratings does anyone have the scoop on the torque curve of the 2004/2003 5.4's and actual gas mileage efficiency? Thanks, Randy

Reply to
Randy

All I know is that Ford claims that the 04 has over 80% of its peak torque at 1000 rpm. They also claim the "most low end torque in class".

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

Thanks Charles, Sounds like Ford did a great job on this one. Randy

Reply to
Randy

Keep in mind that the 2004 engine has variable valve timing, so it may still get 350+ lb-ft of torque at 2500 RPM. This is why I prefer graphs vs peak numbers, the graphs show you more of the story.

I imagine Ford still plots the torque curves within the F150 brochure. If you don't get a response, your best bet may be to go to your local dealer and get a brochure (If you do, let us know)

(Suzuki Z400 page) If you're going to ridicule my post, please do it publicly and stop privately e-mailing me.

Reply to
C-squared

I checked the brochure and it doesn't have any torque curves.

Reply to
Mark Jones