building a dream machine

I have little experience in building trucks but have thought of what I would like to end up with. Early '70's crew cab, 4x4, AC, auto, with plenty of power to cruise at 80mph and haul a trailer or whatever. What kind of engine and tranny should I be looking for? Would it be worth it to have it injected? Or am I really dreaming? Ron

Reply to
tworiverspark

. .

building a dream machine Group: alt.trucks.ford Date: Tue, Oct 14, 2003, 10:55pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com (tworiverspark)

I have little experience in building trucks but have thought of what I would like to end up with. Early '70's crew cab, 4x4, AC, auto, with plenty of power to cruise at 80mph and haul a trailer or whatever. What kind of engine and tranny should I be looking for? Would it be worth it to have it injected? Or am I really dreaming?

Ron === ===

A blown 429 with a 5 speed tranny..... painted Midnight Blue Mettalic, with some custom flames......Charcoal interior........ Baja lights........Rancho lift kit.....OEM bumpers and Grill.......black leather cargo cover....... Candy Apple Red roll bar.....Bose sound system.......Captains seats.......hand crafted teak wood console for the Crown Royal glasses .......AND NITROUS.........

keep on dreaming my freind......

Dreams do come true..

Nubbs McFarkle ~:~dreams about winning the Lottery....climbing in the really cool truck with you....and cruising the 50 states drunk as a coot-owl~:~

Reply to
Nubbs McFarkle

I remember the late 60's and early 70's ..... finding a Crew Cab back then was difficult at best. Good luck!

Any engine from the 302 cid on up should take care of your requirements. The

300 cid straight 6 was also a good choice - plenty of torque in that engine.

Again, remember that trucks back then were workers, not the primped-up vehicles of today. You might have a bit of a time finding air conditioning with 4x4 and automatic trans.

Take care and happy hunting!

tworiverspark wrote:

Reply to
Kent

Kent, with all due respect, I don't think too many people dream of a six cylinder!

-- frosty

Kent wrote:

Reply to
frostalicious