f150 check engine lite

I'm reading a fault code of P2106...Throttle actuator control system....Forced limited power.....Can anyone give me an idea where to start checking, before going to the dealer.....Thanks in advance......

Reply to
Donald Camps

Have you been to any training on throttle by wire?

Do you have a scan tool capable of accessing Ford enhanced systems?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Simply put, that means that you have a malfunction in your throttle actuator control. Most likely the potieniometer on the pedal, or on the throttle body. I would start there, but if you have warranty take it to the dealer cause they can use IDS to monitor throttle input to the PCM and output from PCM on the throttle and that will tell them what the problem is.

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech