F250 5.4L Fuel Filter

=_NextPart_000_000C_01C59AB0.9A2429B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Can anyone tell me where the fuel filter is located on a 1999 F-250, 4X4 = with a 5.4L gas engine? Also, is it very difficult to change? I drove = the truck about 3 miles and it was idling a little rough when I stopped. = I managed to get the truck home but now it will not start. I'm thinking = the fuel filter since I have 60,000 on it and have never changed it.

Thanks Bill

Reply to
BD

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 17:59:34 -0500, BD rearranged some electrons to form:

Should be inside frame rail, near driver's door.

If you have never changed the fuel filter, what other scheduled maintenance have you never done?

Also you will need the fuel line release tool (plastic ring) that you can pick up at the local parts store.

Reply to
David M

Thanks - unfortunately the fuel filter is the only scheduled maintenance item that I have neglected. Thanks for the information. I'll stop by the local parts store and pick up the fuel line release tool.

Bill D

Reply to
BD