F350 SD Manual

I am ticked off! The only place that I can get a manual for my 1999 F350 Super Duty 4x4 PSD is from the OEM publisher (Helm Corp Inc). It's going to cost me $170.00 for the set on CD or $140.00 if I want it on paperback. Chilton or Haynes does not have a book on it yet. All because it is a Super Duty. What a expensive pain in the arse! It was like pulling teeth just to get that information from my dealer and then they said that they could only give me the phone number or to look at

I'll tell you what, they do have a book for everything, but expensive. Why can you by a Chilton's book for a 96 to 2002 F350, but not a super duty? That book is only $16.99. This sucks, or did I get suckered? Rich

Reply to
Richard Cox

Go and try Ebay for the 1999 Truck manual on CD. I made a quick search and found more then a dozen offers for sale

e.g 1999 Ford Truck factory service manual CD Item number: 2426631785 can be had for $ 29.95

Good luck

Reply to
Hanna Lahy

25 bucks. Don't know the person or quality of the CD, but it sounds like what you are looking for.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Berry

Again, this is for a standard F350, not for a Super Duty. Thanks anyway. Rich

2426098904

Reply to
Richard Cox

Try ebay for the dvd. I got mine for $20, though $40 seems the going rate.

Dave

Reply to
David Ward

Read down the page. Covers superduty. Dan

Reply to
Dan Berry

Have the seller read off the label of the dvd disk. Should say: Ford Motor Company

1997-2003 Service Information Workshop, wiring,(evim), PC/ED OASIS, TSBs, Recalls, and Engine emission facts summary

the month the disk was cut /// then Ford customer service division copywrite/hummma humma not for resale.

This one covers all Ford cars and trucks.

oh yeah... didn't know there was a '99 F350 and a '99 SD F350 - my dvd only has the super dutys for '99, gas and diesel. Dave

Reply to
David Ward

Sorry for writing msg after msg - really want to help. The dvd you're looking for is ebay item:

2426784702.

Take a good look at the photo - if you don't get that one, you'll want to get one that looks just like it.

Dave

Reply to
David Ward

Keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Chilton's books aren't even worth the cost of a cup of coffee. I have a CD for my 96 SD. I paid $20 on eBay. I don't particularly care for it so I bought the paperback version too. I prefer to be able to bookmark the book so I can easily switch between pages when necessary. It cost me close to $250 for the publications. It is a stack 8-1/2 X 11 and is close to 8-1/2" thick and I didn't get all that was available. It covers everything and anything that I will ever have a need to know. It is every bit as good as Helms publications and has paid for itself many times over. I bought them directly from Ford's Technical Publications Department. You can contact them directly at 1-800-782-4356 M-F 8:30 AM - 6 PM EST.

paperback.

Reply to
JS

Reply to
Jamie and Chip Owens

It's worth every penny. You don't really use chiltons do you?

Reply to
Joe

I donated $10 to

and they sent me theCD as a thank you gift. Click on the CD image in the left column ofthe home page for the info. Your gift supports a pretty decent site,and you get a brand new CD.

Bob

-- Bob Peterson BBS Dialup: 972 403 9406 to 53333 (V.34/X2/V.90) snipped-for-privacy@mail.zgnews.com BBS Telnet: bbs.zgnews.com Web:

Bob Peterson