Faulty door openers 2000 F-150

2000 F-150 door openers.

Both sides do not open with the electric openers from either the door button or from remote. Eon't push up al the way, yet tries to do so.

What should I check?

Thanks,

GR

Reply to
GR

I'm guessing you are talking about the power locks...

Most of the time it's one side that goes before the other, but will usually give you plenty of warning. (eg - have to rock between lock and unlock 2 or three times on the remote before unlocking because it came up halfway, or that it moves slower than normal) Anyway, this is usually the power door lock motor/actuator and they are prone (from what I've heard) to go. My '99 F150 has the same problem, but with only the passenger door. The motor's aren't cheap, which is why I haven't replaced mine yet. If you find one at a decent price, let me know! I haven't heard of both doors going at exact same time, but I suppose anything's possible.

Scott

Reply to
IYM