Ford Ranger Diesel

Does anyone else out there drive a diesel Ranger?

I've comleted the engine swap from an '83 into my '84 and so far things are working well. Does anyone else have one of these trucks or gone to such extreme lengths to assemble one? I'm interested to know if there are others out there, especially in the maritimes.

Cheers, vernon

Reply to
vernon.woolsey

it would be sweet if I could. What motor did you swap in, what transmission? Is this on a 4x4 or 2wd? I would assume some suspension mods would need to be done for the extra weight of the engine. But likely no more than for those folks swapping in 5 liter motors and such.

Reply to
Mike H

this was a relatively simple and straight forward swap from a rotten ranger to a solid one. All the bolt wholes pre-drilled to accept the engine brackets, tranny, accompanying bits, etc. The '83 2wd was the donor; the solid '84 2wd gasser the recipient:

Front springs were swapped aswell. I left the old axles for the taller gears. The tranny is a 4 speed that was original in the '83. the engine is the same as what is found in old Mazda diesel P/Us. grossly underowered but stubbornly reliable and long-lasting engines, i've learned.

Vernon

Mike H wrote:

Reply to
vernon.woolsey