Front hub on 2002 F150 4x4

I was told that my 2002 F150 off-road Fx4 has plastic parts somewhere in the front hubs and that they are prone to trouble. If this is true is there anything I can do to prolong the life of these parts?

Are replacment parts still plastic or metal?

Thanks for any information

Reply to
Ole

I am not sure about any plastic parts, but your 02 does not have a lock/unlock hub like older 4x4s. At the wheel, all it has is a CV joint. The locking/unlocking of the front axle is done at the diff.

Reply to
Marlin Singer