good brand of tie rod ends for F-250?

Hi all,

have a friend with a 4WD F-250, not sure of year, she was told she needed new tie rod ends. Looking for opinions on a quality brand - in the past I was under the impression that Moog was always good and reliable but based on some comments on one of the Jeep groups that I follow it sounds like that may no longer be the case - apparently the general opinion of the newer Moog ball joints for Jeeps is not good. If this were your truck and you were planning on keeping it a while what would you recommend?

thanks,

Nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

uh, mofoco? like you'd ever consider that as an option? [rhetorical]

Reply to
jim beam

You mean FoMoCo? They're $200 apiece just for the parts!

Reply to
Nate Nagel

i have a much better idea - why don't you actually get under the vehicle and find out if they actually /need/ replacing?

or even, if you're trying to impress a female of whatever species you might be, why don't you check the other joints of the vehicle because, you know, sometimes /all/ the freakin' joints are worn if the tie rods are?

or is this simply a jawbone exercise right up there with your trunk organizer?

Reply to
jim beam

Because vehicle is an hour's drive away; trying to do my homework before doing so so we can order parts right away on determining what *is* needed.

Um, she's married... you know, some of us actually do interact with other people and try to help them out because we like them, not because we want something from them? Not like I'd expect a socially retarded individual like yourself to understand that.

You know, if you're just going to sit there and wait for me to post something so you have an opportunity to post a rude, unhelpful response, you could probably find something more productive to do with your time.

Now if anyone has an opinion on good suspension/steering parts brands, I'd like to hear it!

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

So I called my son, who does F-250 suspensions all the time. Left a message. He calls back, and I tell him a guy is asking for advice on 4WD F-250. Son says "What year?" I look, and the guy hasn't even said what year. Then my son starts telling me about all the differences. Dana, links blah, blah, blah. So I cut him short. I don't want to hear the advice, because I don't know the year. Waste of time. Then I remembered this isn't the first time this guy asked a question without required info. Anyway, could have got more info, but that just ain't happening. Moog for sure. Something about not cheaping out and replace the rods too. And something about a zerk on the passenger side. But I really quit paying attention early when he said "What year?"

Reply to
Vic Smith

so either you're psychic or you're just stooopid because you're accepting the "diagnosis" of a vested interest.

no you're not because you have absolutely no idea what the problem actually is. 5 minutes into the vehicle repair world should tell you that what a vested interest says and the reality have no reliable relationship whatsoever.

that's your own freudian interpretation, not mine.

behold, the psychic retard is barking at the mirror.

you're projecting, retard. i swing by this group twice a day. if there's anything interesting, maybe i'll throw in my 2¢. maybe i won't. but what i WILL almost always do is point out bullshit and stooopidity. hence YOU seem to get my attention all the time. if you weren't /completely/ retarded, maybe you'd connect the dots on that one. but i'd not assign a probability higher than 0.000001% of that ever happening.

based on my last response to your stooopidly inadequate blathering, you don't want "good", you just want cheap. and you don't need to waste a single electron on this group to figure that one out.

Reply to
jim beam

Fuck you, you idiot.

Friend called and said truck failed state safety inspection because both outer tie rod ends had too much play. Wanted to know if I could help. That's all I know (yet.) I haven't physically seen the truck (yet.)

I did look up f*rd tie rod ends for a 2007, not sure if that is the exact year or not, but I know it's a powerstroke 4wd. The F*rd ends were ludicrously expensive. She asked if there was a quality replacement that wasn't bargain basement, but was more reasonably priced than Ford. My response 10 years ago would have been "Moog or TRW" but I would like to know if that is still true today, as I've heard information to the contrary.

That is what I know at this time. If more information is required to properly answer the question, let me know what exact information is needed and I will ask for it. If you are just going to snipe, troll, and act like an antisocial retard, f*ck you and f*ck off.

Nate Nagel

Already told you what brand to use. And it comes from my son, a pro who does F-250's all the time. So do other guys in his shop. The shop has an excellent reputation, and besides private customers, does work for a number of local governments. The shop currently buys Moog, and nobody's complaining. If you get specific with the truck, I'll ask him for "tips." Because I'm a nice guy. Otherwise, go away about this.

Reply to
Vic Smith