Helm CD

Anyone one out there got one of these (2003 Econoline)? I purchased the Helm factory manuals (2), but may opt to exchange for the Helm CD. But have to wait 6-8 months for Ford to fill the backorder #$%^&*! Is it worth the wait?

Reply to
David Henderson

'A bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush'....that old saying leaps to mind. I prefer the paper manuals, but that's a matter of personal preference. The paper manual requires no CD player or laptop to run the CD and no batteries to power the unit. Reading each page is faster with paper, at least I find it easier. R U buying from a Ford dealer or straight from Helm? I don't believe Ford is the publisher for the CD, but I may be wrong. Helm is the publisher for the OEM Service Manuals and I'd suspect they also publish the CDs. Helm has a website, in case you don't know.

Hope this helps....

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

These were purchased through Helm, Inc. They are separate from "fomoco". The one advantage to the CD is the addition of, Powertrain Control and Emissions Diagnosis (covers all cars/trucks), and wiring, and bulletins that are sold seperately in paper form. Called Ford today and lodged a complaint about the 6-8 month delay. Did you buy yours through the dealer?

Reply to
David Henderson

Hi David

No, I bought directly from Helm. The Service Manuals I bought from them are the same as the dealer mechanics use and contain every system from the bottom of the tires to the top of the roof. I didn't subscribe to the TSBs. R U sure you got the Service Manual? SMs have all diagrams/diagnosis etc within them, but the TSBs are a separate subscription 'service'. It's been a few years since I got the SM and I do recall the Emissions being a separate manual, which I didn't buy.

DS

Reply to
putt