Horsepower F-150 5.4L

Anyone know the horsepower for the 2002 F-150 Supercrew 5.4L engine?

Reply to
Bryan

260 I believe.
Reply to
Paul O.

I'm still trying to find it written somewhere. Thanks.

Reply to
Bryan
300 hp.. add a k/n air filter and its more ;-)

Reply to
Someone Somewhere

==== You could try here.

GeoffP

Hey All,

Thanks for the help!

300 HP it is (and in writing).
Reply to
Bryan

You mentioned a 2002 5.4. That horsepower is 260. That page is not totally correct either. The 97 and 98 5.4 had 240hp. I believe it was upped in 99 to 260. The horsepower went to 300 with the 3 valve 5.4.

Reply to
Marlin Singer

What makes you think adding a dirt passing K$N would increase the hp?

Better do some more homework.

steve

Reply to
Steve Barker

Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com
"

Silly! It bores the engine out while you drive. More cubes, more HP. The longer you run the K&N, the bigger the engine gets. After a while you just put in bigger pistons:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

The 3 valve was not used in the F150 until 2004. It may have been in other vehicles, but not the F150.

Reply to
Marlin Singer

Not to mention shorter engine life, oil gets dirty quicker and increased oil consumption from the added wear.

Reply to
SnoMan