How to determine engine size

My son just bought a 73' f-250 with a rebuilt in it. I'm a chevy guy, so I can't just glance at the motor and know the block type. How can I tell what it is?

Reply to
gabacho

Assuming the rebuilt engine is the same as the original, there are only four choices:

240 cubic inch inline six cylinder 300 cubic inch inline six cylinder 302 cubic inch V-8 390 cubic inch V-8

The two sixes will look the same externally and I don't know how to easily tell them apart. The two V-8 an be easily distingished. See

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

You left out the Ford 360, the king of fuels hogs in mid 70's

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

It was not listed as an option in 1973. I know we had one in a 1972. It was indestructible, pulled like a mule, and really sucked gas. It is possible that is what they put back in, but if we are going to list all the possible replacements, the list is really really long. I am not sure you could easily tell the difference between a 352, 360, 390, or 391 by just looking.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White