hydraulic clutch not disengaging?

1994 F150 2WD 5L w/A/C

About 5 months ago I had the concentric slave cylinder replaced. Then the next day had the clutch master cylinder replaced. Been problem free until recently. Coincidently, it's been really hot here in DFW area - not sure if that's in play.

The symptom: hot day, leave truck for about 10 minutes, turned off. Upon return, depress clutch, feels weird, not normal, when depressing clutch. Truck in gear, engage starter, truck attempts to buck forward, as if clutch is not pressed in (it is). I shift into neutral and can start the engine. I keep pressing the clutch in and it now won't shift into any gear because the clutch has not released the trannie.

I then exit the cab, remove the clutch master cylinder cap and then replace it. Back to cab, using no special anything, it starts and shifts just fine. Until the next hot soak, that is.

Sometimes, the above symptom will appear even though the truck has set outside all night. But in every case, taking the master cylinder cap off and then immediately putting it back on, "fixes" the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks, John

Sounds like you're getting a vapor lock in the master cylinder, and taking the cap off releives the pressure, letting the clutch operate normally. Try bleeding the master cylinder, then the slave cylinder. That should fix the problem. Peace...

Reply to
Eric

Reply to
Chuck