Is there a OBDII reader for Laptop?

Anyone know if there is software and cable diagrams to make a laptop OBD Reader?

Stephen N.

Reply to
Stephen

Check this out:

I got the Ford reader from them quite a while back and just recently got the triple combo off them since I needed more than the Ford reader now (if anyone needs just the Ford reader I can sell you mine). I picked up an older NEC 486-DX4 75 mhz laptop off eBay dirt cheap to use as my "vehicle laptop" so that if it gets dropped or whatever I don't care.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

There are several ready made packages out there but a lot of them are starting to focus on PDA'a too. I have a CJ Scantool that not only reads and displays OBD2 codes and real time data but it also has a pass through to hook it up to a PDA or laptop

Reply to
SnoMan

Thanks for the tips guys. I found a scanner at Princess Auto that was on sale for $145 ($100 less than anywhere else for the same unit). It has a USB PC connector and cable so I just went with that.

Stephen

Stephen wrote:

Reply to
Stephen

Well I don't believe it. I went out and got this great OBDII scanner and the friggin check engine light went out before I could even hook it up. I'll try hooking it up anyway and see if any codes are still stored.

Stephen

Stephen wrote:

Reply to
Stephen N.

They are saved for a while in ECM memory.

Reply to
SnoMan