How do you change a tail light for a 1997 Ford Ranger?

I have unscrewed the 2 phillips head screws on the driver's side of the lense but the whole thing appears to be 'interlocked' somehow. Any ideas?

Reply to
Ed Ramos

I believe there are a couple clips. Just pull...

Reply to
JimV

My '93 F-150 has two screws that enter from "behind" the plastic housing. Open the tailgate and see if you find any screw heads in the side of the bed securing that side of the housing. I honestly don't recall how the '90 BroncoII was, but I think it was pretty much the same (two screws from the outside, two from the inside of the body).

HTH,

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

I found a Haynes Service manual and yes there are 4 screws to remove. 2 outside on the lense side and 2 on the inside tailgate side. Thanks to all for your help...

Reply to
Ed Ramos