Swappin Xpert Xchange Tips

I've got a '73 F250 with a 360 that will soon have to be rebuilt or replaced. The 360 runs great but has a 9 mpg bad habit. I've heard a 390 is a "better" choice. Mr. Gazzguzzler presently has a new C6 sitting behind the

360. My question is will a 390 bolt right up to that bell housing, pilot shaft, motor mounts, exhaust manifold etc.? Appreciate you advise.
Reply to
wireknot

Should. When I rebuilt the 360 in my '75 into a 390, I used the same block, and just exchanged the pistons and rods. FE blocks are known gas guzzlers, but there was no change in mpg between my two engines. Both gave me 10 mpg loaded or empty.

Plasyd

Reply to
Plasyd

Reply to