Mass Air Flow Sensor?

I have a 97 Ff150 with a 4.2 engine, the check engine light came on with a code of 171 and 174, I changed the o2 sensors on both sides, the light came back on after about 20 miles, I changed the fuel filter, the light came back on after about

25 miles , I was reading a post on here, where the guy was having the same trouble, somebody told him to change the mass air flow sensor, Where is it located on the truck, and how much trouble are they to change? parts store said they are $100.oo bucks, plus exchange, so I guess they rebuilt them huh? I dont mind fixing it myself, just need a little advise, thanks
Reply to
BIG ROD

Look by the air filter box. That thing just behind it is the Mass Airflow Sensor.

Reply to
Mike Sykes

A up date on my truck, is I was driving it yesterday, and when I came to a idle, it was running bad rough, causeing the truck to almost shake, the rpms were almost at a lope, any ideas?

Reply to
TOMMY-N-KRISTI

On Sat, 15 May 2004 10:03:01 -0500, BIG ROD rearranged some electrons to form:

IIRC, those codes are "lean mixture" codes. Check for a vacuum or PCV hose leak.

Reply to
David M

IAC valve clean replace?

Reply to