Modifications voiding Warrant

I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but I was wondering, will performing aftermarket modifications to my 2003 F150 void the warranty.

A magnaflow exhaust and an Airforce One air intake kit are what I had in mind.

Thanks

Reply to
Scott Mitchell

It is a complicated issue. Modifying the engine won't affect your warranty on the radio. Modifying the air intake might cause you problems if you have engine performance or wear problems. It just depends on the nature of the problem. In theory the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act provides you with some protection. However, read your warranty statement carefully. Unauthorized modifications can void parts of your warranty. Aftermarket supplier try to make it seem if the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act provides you with protection no matter what sort of crappy filters you install. This is simply no true. However, I'd suggest that you just keep your OE equipment and reinstall it if there is a potential warranty issue.

Ed

Scott Mitchell wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

It is a complicated issue. Modifying the engine won't affect your warranty on the radio. Modifying the air intake might cause you problems if you have engine performance or wear problems. It just depends on the nature of the problem. In theory the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act provides you with some protection. However, read your warranty statement carefully. Unauthorized modifications can void parts of your warranty. Aftermarket suppliers try to make it seem if the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act provides you with protection no matter what sort of crappy filters you install. This is simply not true. I'd suggest that you just keep your OE equipment and reinstall it if there is a potential warranty issue.

Ed

Scott Mitchell wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White