more transmissions questions

I am not so sure my tranny is shot.. I feel the main problem is early shifting. I can shift the transmission manually and it seems ok.. when its in drive and I take off it seems that it does shift too soon as well as when Shifting from second to third it makes a groan and then shifts and slows the vehicle slightly before shifting...

Now when I shift manually. if I shift from second to third too soon it will make the groan if I shift it at the right speed it will just shift...

So any ideas what the problem is or if you had this problem before ??

Chris

Reply to
Wolfie 31

Hard to say anything without year, model and engine size of vehicle in order to determine tranny type.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

W/O some vehicle info, noone will able to take even an EWAG at it.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut
95 Ford aerostar 3.0 Engine . A4AD I believe thats it 3 speed with overdrive
Reply to
Wolfie 31

have you ever changed the trans filter and fluid?

ds549

yes I did first thing I did when I got the Vehicle .

Reply to
Wolfie 31