New Nav system with problems and E85 out there???

Hello All.. I've got an 07' Sport Trac and had the dealer install a new navigation system (about 3 months after I bought the truck) and every time I turn the map or set an address to go to I get an error that says there's a problem and see the dealer. there's no error code and if I click ok for both or each time it goes away and works fine. after paying around $2k I don't see why there should be any error. dealer can't figure it out and wanted to know if anyone here has come accross the the thing. as for the e85, I live in Mass and from the web found a gas station that has it, only to drive there and they had bio fuel. are there any station in the Rhode Island or massachusetts area that do have it?

Thanks for reading, Have a great day

Reply to
Cableguy

What brand/model NAV system do you have? Aslo if you use e85, do expect a 25 to 40% drop in MPG because there is a lot less energy in the fuel so it remains to be seen what you may actually save.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

This is a fact the Ethanol people fail to mention at least in the big print. I used E85 in our Explorer and experienced about a 25% loss in MPG. But the fuel at the time I tried it was about 27% cheaper. So, if it's available without going out of your way, it may be a viable alternative. I'd use it just to avoid using gasoline. Not all places that sell it give the proper savings. They are gouging if it's not about 25 -30% cheaper than the gas they sell.

Reply to
Steve Barker

You know another thing about ethanol that they do not mention either is that it is considered a preburnt fuel because it have extra carbon in it and using it raises CO2 emissions up to 50% over gas but they never mention that either. Switching the ethanol large scale is a double edged sword because it may reduce imports a little bit but is will further increase greenhouse gas emissions and the greenhouse gas issue is a bigger issue long term than oil sources.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan