Sat. Nav. system

I have a one year old volvo with sat.nav. system installed. Now find frequent occurrences where info. is out of date or just wrong. Quoted £200+ for latest disc, is this a rip off or what? Surely if you pay for the system the information on the disc should be current and any up date priced at no more than £40. After all the disc is no use unless you have Volvo's Sat. Nav. system, also the info. is for the Greater Europe and I shall never be in Europe with the car, should they not have offered a UK & Ireland version for those with no interest in driving in Europe?.

Reply to
George Clark

AA 2005 map book is now available for £1.99 at Texaco filling stations ;-)))

Reply to
A.Thomass

That's about the going rate. Best thing to do, if your scruples are like mine.

  1. Find someone who has a new Volvo with Sat Nav or ask dealer and make a DVD copy on your computer.

I did this because I have a US Spec S40 in the UK and the euro disk is PAL, I took the disk saved it on the HD and converted it to NSTC and burned it to a DVD

cost 3GBP.

Reply to
Joe