OBDII code

Have a 1996 ford f-150, just recently got a code of P0320. What does this code mean?

Reply to
Chico

Chuck

So, does this mean the cam sensor, distributor or something else?

Reply to
Chico

P0320 Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit Malfunction

Jeff Strickland

Yes. Well, not the "something else" part.

They sometimes put the cam sensor inside the distributor and this may necessitate replacement of the entire distributor. You might be able to buy the sensor separately, I don't know. In theory, the sensor would be roughly equivelent to the points in an old distributor, but in practice I don't know the structure.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland