P1443 - 1996 "ford ranger"/mazda-B300 (purge valve solenoid)

I am trying to clear this code. I have a list of things that I'm doing, but so far:
- checked the gas cap for a good seal
- replaced the canister purge solenoid/sensor/hoses assembly
I can clear the code with the reader, but if I just wait, will it clear itself if it is fixed? If so, what does it take for the code to clear?
thx