Ping: E4OD trans experts - TC lockup too early - need mod info - Transsurgeon? - Gary? - Anyone?

I have an E4OD in a '93 F150 4x2 behind a 5.0L gas burner. It was rebuilt with all mods along with a Superior shift correction kit to the first level in 2000 which included the pump mods to ensure proper lube. It has operated since w/o problem with the exception of the TC locking at 30 mph and staying locked from there up regardless of speed or load as long as it is under load. It does unlock on brake app or decel as it should. It does remain locked during the 2-3,

3-4 upshifts as well as any kickdowns from 4-3, 3-2. This is bad since it has greatly reduced power when towing and is a pain when working in heavy traffic. The only other problem I have is the drawn out second which seems to hang w/o upshift for several seconds at constant light/no load.

My question(s) is/are: I understand there is a modification to the trans which prevents TC lockup until the trans reaches at least 3rd and, possibly, delays TC lockup until a road speed of 50-55 mph. Does anyone know how that is accomplished???

I have the trans out right now because of Ford's oil pan gasket weakness and a couple of other minor details. I have picked up a new late model Ford pump to go in it for the increased capacity. I have also picked up the .427" line pressure modulator for it. I am also contemplating removal of the Superior valve body kit and, replacing it with the Transgo mods. I also have the ATG interceptor on it's way to use if I cannot find out how to do this mod to the trans. The mods would eliminate another add-on gadget and be preferable to me since the trans is now out. I also understand someone developed a way to modify the wiring harness to accomplish this w/o the interceptor when the trans was not modded. Any help or info I can get over the next day or two will be greatly appreciated.

I have a direct e-mail account which I will provide if someone can help on this.

Thanks Lugnut

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
lugnut