Ping TransSurgeon: Tranny Fluid Flush

TransSurgeon.
I recall you replying to a post not too long ago about flushing the tranny fluid in an automatic. You mentioned something about the distributing dirt from the
converter. Would you mind being a bit more specific on the details? I did not quite understand what you were getting at and the implications of doing this. If I recall you indicated to just change the fluid. Could you post, the various methods. The pros and cons. What is best and why.
E.g. Compare Power Flush. Replace fluid and filter. Replace fluid. and other possible options. What about using detergents/additive before doing a fluid change? What about additives after?
If the vehicle details matter. I've got a 94 Ranger XLT 4X4. 4.0 - V6 with the A4LD automatic transmission. 3.27 conventional rear end. 66,000 Km or 41,000 miles.
As far as I know nothing has been done to the fluids to date. I've been told I need to replace the modulator valve and it was suggested that I do a fluid flush at the same time. Should I be doing anything to the other drive train fluids. If so when?Anything I should be keeping my eye out for?
Thanks,
--
Roy
rem NADA to reply

fluid
the
not
this. If

various
other
fluid
the
41,000
told I

flush
fluids. If

Thanks,
What do you recommend for the timing of "regular" fluid /filter changes? Should I also be doing anything with the other fluids?
--
Roy
rem NADA to reply

Site Timeline