Question about Ford fuel injector cleaner/Ranger

I drive a 2003 Ranger, 4-cylinder.

Now at 22,500 km.

I'm going to add my first container of Ford brand injector cleaner.

Is there a service schedule on injector cleaner use?

I realize it's cosmetic because I haven't had any loss in power prior to this, but let's just say that every 10 to 20,000 km to be safe, seems reasonable.

Reply to
Windsurfer

DON"T DO IT! My experience is if you did not use the fuel injector cleaner when the truck was new it will only break up the trash in the tank and cause real trouble. I used it in my wifes 96 Caravan (bought used). So far I have removed the fuel injector and cleaned them 3 times and 2 fuel pumps. Never again.

Reply to
Doc

Never Forget

AbitRip