Ranger gas tank options?

--OK I bought my Ranger off the lot and it came with a measly 17 gallon tank. Can anyone tell me if there is a larger tank available and what all is involved in swapping it out? --TIA,

Reply to
steamer

Yes. There is a 19.2 or 19.?? gallon tank available on the long wheelbase models. I assume something in the chassis of the short WB models limit the size of the tank so a larger one won't fit. It is only about 2 gallons more, so not much to worry about. John

Reply to
JohnR66

Ok here goes. There are alot of add-on fuel tank kits out there. Keep in mind your truck can legally only carry 40Gallons. You might be able to find a kit that will allow you to mount another tank on the pass. side and should include a fuel pump, tank switching solenoid, in cab switch, and allow you to run the filler neck out in the pass. rear fender well. keep in mind space, so you will have to take measurements, and you also dont want to add too much weight to your truck. Also, the longer fuel sits in the tank, the more likely it is that it will become "stale" or loose some of the additives to evaporization. I would search

to get an idea, or
to get an idea on how much it will cost.

Reply to
pkurtz2