Re: Lousy Warrenty Service on Ranger 2000

Why do people bitch about this? The warranty is clearly stated, and it's obvious that you understand it, because you said yourself that it's expired.

I'm in a totally different industry, but I see this all the time. We'll offer an extension of the Mfg. warranty for $xx.00, and the customer says no. Then they bring it back after the warranty has expired, and bitch "But it's only a month out of warranty!" Yes, it is. It is OUT of warranty. The warranty has expired. Sorry. Mechanical parts can fail. Fuel pumps especially can fail if you get a tank full of crap, or even if you run it out of gas just once.

Every business has to draw the line somewhere. Customer service does not mean giving away the store.

Reply to
gw

all dealers have ford factory rep.did you try that person put pressure on the dealer where you bought it . top of management .attitude is everything when your just out of warranty.squeaky wheel will get greased.

Reply to
Tim Butler

I think it is just a matter of what dealer you are dealing with. They're are probably some great ones out there, however, I have not been fortunate to find them. Ford has an excellent PR campaign but in my limited experience it doesn't translate to real service from the dealer. They might refer to you as a guest rather than a customer and they might make an effort to call you mister or miss but when it comes to the actual service, things remain pretty much as they have been over the years. Grab your ankles... jor

Reply to
jor

Well said. I remember when warranties were 12months/12,000 miles. You could see that it was a short time to warranty a brand new vehicle, and I had some sympathy when people had a problem in 14,000 miles or 14 months. Vehicles are a gamble and if you're not much of a mechanic you should think seriously about an extended warranty. An extended warranty would cost maybe $1200, which would add about $30 to your payment each month. I think if manufacturers gave 7 year and 70,000 mile warranties that when somebody broke at 73,000 miles they would then want it fixed for free.

Reply to
Scott