Remote Door Locking and Opening

I have a 2000 F150 V6 48K miles. When using the remote door locking device, I have noticed that the passager side does not open any longer. The button will move slightly, but does not open it. The driver side is starting to get a weak response also.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Reply to
greinsch

John T Marshall

"John T Marshall"

Reply to
FordStyle

your lock actuators need to be changed

Reply to
Falcoon

Reply to
greinsch

has them for $32.80 right side and $32.74 for left side plus shipping. They are pretty good on prices and shipping charges and usually have pretty quick delivery. Better to call them for the part than via web order as it slows it down.

Sam and Chris

Genuine Ford Parts and Accessories

2525 Texoma Parkway Sherman, Texas 75090 866-941-FORD 800-549-2005 800.259.3560
Reply to
FordStyle

Thanks,

Reply to
greinsch

Anybody ever take one a apart and try to fix it?

My girlfriend's '95TBird's antenna quit. There were no direct replacements at AutoZone etc so I bought the closest one and used the new nylon whip etc to fix the original.

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

Reply to
Peter

Cool. :) Sounds like it's time to get out the ol' meter. :)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj